The Revit Families are licensed, not sold. Paying for the Revit Families means that you have purchased a License to use them. HPI reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the Revit Families only as expressly permitted in this agreement.
You are authorized to install and use the Revit Families on up to 10 computers belonging to you or your company. If you wish to install the Revit Families on more computers, then you must purchase additional Licenses.
Limitations on Use
You may not:
• Copy any Revit Family data supplied to you or forward to others any Web Links given to you (as the case may be)
• Use the Revit Families to enhance other software (other than Autodesk Revit)
• Incorporate or allow others to incorporate the Revit Families in other software products (except Revit Architecture from Autodesk and the HFBS for Revit Architecture Plugin)
• Transfer the Revit Family License Agreement to any third party; or
• Sell the Revit Families to a 3rd party
The use of the Revit Families
• Use the Revit Families in any version of Revit (2011 onward) to create models and produce drawings
• Issue such models in print or electronic form to others
• Export the resulting models to programs used for rendering, perspectives, fly-throughs and videos
• Export the resulting models to 3D drawing files
• Use the Revit Families on an unlimited number of projects indefinitely
• Modify the Revit Families. However, modified versions will still be subject to the above Limitations of Use.
The Revit Families are licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using them. These are intended for use by reasonably skilled professionals in the Healthcare Design Industry. You may have a “duty of care” to others including Clients and the General Public. It is entirely up to you to fulfil that “duty of care”. HPI gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. To the extent permitted under your local laws, HPI excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Effectiveness of any software component in handling information is closely related to its software and hardware environment. The Revit Families are offered following careful development and product testing by HPI and its contractors, but HPI is not able to conduct tests based on all possible combinations of software and hardware environment. Therefore, HPI is unable to promise nor warrant that there will be absolutely no risk of loss or damage of information, or any other kind of loss, during installation and/or execution of the Software. You must be fully aware of your risks in using the Revit Families.
HPI is not offering any support services for the installation and use of the Revit Families. HPI does not warrant that the Revit Families and information included in the package of the Software contains no defects or errors. HPI is not liable for any indirect, special or incidental loss arising from the Software, including but not limited to loss of profits, damage to business reputation, cessation of work, hardware malfunction or damage, or any other commercial damage or loss arising from commercial use of the Revit Families. HPI has only checked the use of the Revit Families on Revit 2011, although there is no limitation on the use of the families on other versions.
Limitation of Liability and Damages
The maximum amount of compensation payable by HPI, in respect of any damage incurred by you for any reason under this Agreement, is limited to the amount you have already paid to HPI in respect of the Revit Families.
Prohibition Against Sublicense
You are prohibited to assign the license in respect of the Revit Families granted to you under this Agreement, or to grant a sub-license to another person.
With regards to any disputes arising from this Agreement, you and HPI agree that the court having jurisdiction over the business location of HPI will be the court in the first instance.
In the event that any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid at law, such invalidity will not affect the validity of any other provisions, or the legal enforceability of such other provisions.